Sunday 9 August 2009

Guitar Hero 5 track list impressions (Stephen)

So Activision released the track list for Guitar Hero 5 and here it is with my bracketed opinions on every track!

· 3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"(yeah I'm not quite sure what this song is)
· Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm"(Arctic Monkeys would be fun to sing, Northern accents :D)
· Blink-182 - "The Rock Show" (it's on my iTunes, yeah it looks like a fun one)
· Dire Straits - "Sultans Of Swing" (of course it's on my iTunes, why hasn't this been on guitar hero before. This song is great and has one of the greatest guitar parts ever, will be super fun to play to and singing like Knopfler will be great)
· Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American" (ummm what now?)
· Johnny Cash - "Ring Of Fire" (I want to sing this one, NOW!)
· Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets" (YES!!! This song is great, yes it's on my iTunes, this will be the most fun song to sing ever, will be the first one I play... hello me meet the real me)
· Mötley Crüe - "Looks That Kill" (yeah Motley crew not that bothered)
· Muse - "Plug In Baby" (on my iTunes, I love muse, this song is amazing- can't wait)
· Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (iTunes, this one is not very exciting, it's very expected)
· Queen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure" (iTunes, best Queen song, David Bowie is my favourite solo artist and this song is great. I am really looking forward to dueting on this if I can, not so sure about the guitar part though- is there one to speak of really?)
· Stevie Wonder - "Superstition" (Albert likes this guy)
· The Killers - "All The Pretty Faces" (I don't like the Killers!!!!)
· The Raconteurs - "Steady As She Goes" (I know the song, from n E4 advert or something similar, I'm not bothered either way with this one)
· TV On The Radio - "Wolf Like Me" (what is this?)
· A Perfect Circle - "Judith" (what is this one?)
· AFI - "Medicate" (what are these songs?)
· Attack! Attack! UK - "You And Me" (seriously what is this?)
· Band Of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands" (Once more, what?)
· Beastie Boys - "Gratitude" (Will be a hell of fun to sing)
· Beck - "Gamma Ray" (He was in Futurama, and therefore must be good although I have never heard him)
· Billy Idol - "Dancing With Myself" (another song which will be super fun to sing)
· Billy Squier - "Lonely Is The Night" (huh?)
· Blur - "Song 2" (not suprisedm will be popular but is a true meh for me, yes it's on iTunes)
· Bob Dylan - "All Along The Watchtower" (yes! iTunes of course, great song)
· Bon Jovi - "You Give Love A Bad Name" (not really a fan but it is on iTunes, would be a fun one all round though)
· Brand New - "Sowing Season (Yeah)" (huh?)
· The Bronx - "Six Days A Week" (is this a cut down version of the Beatles- budum chish!)
· Bush - "Comedown" (this better be George Bush, otherwise... who?)
· Children Of Bodom - "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing"(hehehe Children of Bodom, this will be interesting)
· Coldplay - "In My Place" (I don't like Coldplay and I don't like this song)
· Darker My Love - "Blue Day" (who?)
· Darkest Hour - "Demon(s)" (who?)
· David Bowie - "Fame" (iTunes, I love Bowie and I love this song- it will be great)
· Deep Purple - "Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)" (don't know of this song but I like Deep Purple alot and there stuff really suits Guitar Hero play, every part will be great)
· The Derek Trucks Band - "Younk Funk"(WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?)
· The Duke Spirit - "Send A Little Love Token"(That is not a band!)
· Duran Duran - "Hungry Like The Wolf" (hehehe Duran Duran)
· Eagles Of Death Metal - "Wannabe In L.A."(I have heard of this band!)
· Elliott Smith - "L.A." (Activision made this band up)
· Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)" (iTunes, I love Elton John, and love singing along- will be great, but where is the Piano peripheral I want more Elton! This one has a good guitar part though)
· Face To Face - "Disconnected" (not a band)
· Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains"(made up)
· Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." (I know this song, yeah will be a fun singing one, not so sure about other instruments, might be an easy one)
· Gov't Mule - "Streamline Woman" (again, not a band)
· Grand Funk Railroad - "We're An American Band" (you're not an American Band because you are not real!)
· Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life (Live)" (I know of him)
· Iron Maiden - "2 Minutes To Midnight" (iTunes, my faovurite band ever, I've seen this song live and it is amazing. Guitar and drums will of course be fantastic. Also Steve Harris is the best bassist ever and his bass lines are insane, that wil be great. I will be singing this one definately!)
· Jeff Beck - "Scatterbrain (Live)" (I know of him)
· John Mellencamp - "Hurts So Good"(not real)
· Kaiser Chiefs - "Never Miss A Beat" (I'm not a fan but I will sing it for comedy value, the other parts will be a bit dull)
· King Crimson - "21st Century Schizoid Man" (my Dad will love this and it is probably on my iTunes)
· Kings Of Leon - "Sex On Fire" (utter rubbish but I will so sing it just to mock the whiney voices of the Kings of Leon)
· Kiss - "Shout It Out Loud" (they're a fun band for a game like this)
· Love and Rockets - "Mirror People" (there's a futurama episode called Love & Rocket)
· My Morning Jacket - "One Big Holiday" (who?)
· Nirvana - "Lithium (Live)" (the studio version is on iTunes, yeah Nirvana.. not that bothered)
· No Doubt - "Ex-Girlfriend" (there is absolutely no doubt that I don't care about this... see what I did there)
· Peter Frampton - "Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)" (iTunes, and of course it's the live version. I think every house has 'Frampton Comes Alive' in it somewhere. This will be great and will be great, singing will be AWESOME and guitar will be also)
· The Police - "So Lonely"(Sting impressions, yeaaaah!)
· Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring the Noise 20XX" (I like Zakk Wylde)
· Queens Of The Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu"(I know of them)
· Rammstein – "Du Hast" (GERMAN!!! I'm in)
· The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy For The Devil" (iTunes, will be a great singer and a great guitar, I'm excited about this one)
· Rose Hill Drive - "Sneak Out" (huh?)
· Rush - "The Spirit Of Radio (Live)" (iTunes, yeah it's ok)
· Santana - "No One To Depend On (Live)" (maybe on iTunes and yeah Santana will be great on guitar)
· Scars On Broadway - "They Say" (not real)
· Screaming Trees - "Nearly Lost You" (totally false)
· Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" (I know of them)
· Sonic Youth - "Incinerate"(I know of them)
· Spacehog - "In The Meantime" (Who? At least Spacehog is a cool name)
· Sublime - "What I Got" (iTunes, yeah I love me some Sublime, cannot wait)
· Sunny Day Real Estate - "Seven" (huh?)
· T. Rex - "20th Century Boy" (iTunes, will be super great)
· The Sword - "Maiden, Mother & Crone"(?)
· Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak" (iTunes, will be super super great)
· Thrice - "Deadbolt" (?)
· Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down A Dream" (I know of him)
· Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "American Girl" (this is the song I know by him, yeah I am going to sing this one!)
· Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk" (???)
· Weezer - "Why Bother?" (I know of them)
· The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid" (NOOOO! I hate the White Stripes)
· Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" (is this the white boy one, if so... can't wait)
· Wolfmother - "Back Round" (I know them, I like WOMAN!!!!)

So that's the setlist... my personalised setlist in no order would be:

Blink-182 - "The Rock Show"

Dire Straits - "Sultans Of Swing"

Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets"

Muse - "Plug In Baby"

Queen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure"

Bob Dylan - "All Along The Watchtower"

David Bowie - "Fame"

Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)"

Iron Maiden - "2 Minutes To Midnight"

Peter Frampton - "Do You Feel Like We Do?

Rammstein – "Du Hast" (because it will be funny!)

The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy For The Devil"

Sublime - "What I Got"

Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "American Girl"







No comments:

Post a Comment